Thursday, April 26, 2012

Unionbank Philippines EON Account: You cannot enroll this Biller, Transaction Password and Invalid TXN Password

After going through the Invalid TXN Password problem, ito naman bumulaga sa akin...http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

'Click on the biller name to add to my billers list
'
I am adding a new biller to my EON Unionbank account- that service provider is MERALCO. The reason I chose to try online banking is to pay my bills via the internet and spare me the trip to Meralco. But the bug in the Unionbank Eon online banking system in the Philippines is that it won't accept this sole power giant corporation.


Attempting to add Meralco results in this pop-up prompt box
You cannot enroll this Biller. Please pay through the Search Biller option
I already went through the Search Biller over and over, in fact I tried other service providers Manila Water, Smart Bro, Manila Polo Club and Medicard- and they work fine! These companies can be easily added...

Out of frustration, I decided just to pay my SmartBro bill except this time I am prompted for a Transaction Password. This is not your ATM Pin, mind you. Naisip ko ito rin ba yung bwisit na TXN password? Malamang!

Antagal ng problem ng Unionbank ito and they haven't gotten around fixing this. The process is not user-friendly, they could at least inform people how important this TXN password/transaction password is when they open their accounts. So much hassle. See? di ka makapagbayad ng utility bill agad kasi either papa-reset mo pa yan sa customer service hotline nila. Its also money loss for Unionbank and they simply don't care about fixing this. Eh kung nakabayad kami me agad ng bills, agad sila makaka-kaltas ng transaction fee or whatever it is they earn from their account holders.

Wait, what is this Transaction Password ba? If its not the ATM 4 digit Pin so what is it?

Transaction Password is the TXN password. It is the very first password you set at the bank branch where you enrolled for EON online banking system. Your 4-digit ATM pin is only used to log-in to your EON account online and this TXN password is used for bills payment, bank to bank transfer, security password expiration reset every 90 to 120 days.

So How Do I Get my Transaction Password/TXN Password from Unionbank?
Please call their Customer Service at 8418600 or their Domestic Toll Free: 1-800-1888-2277 (using your PLDT landline) to request for a reset of your transaction password which takes two banking days to activate. Saya di ba? Lalo kung kailangan na kailangan mo yung pera o kailangan mo ng magbayad, you have to wait that long for your password.

Goodluck Philippines!

No comments:

Post a Comment